The fix for the walker and playpen reset bug has been updated, and all known issues have been addressed. The objects will now function exactly as they should.
This mod provides a fix for the bug affecting the Walker and Playpen premium content objects from the Sims 3 Store. Since patch 1.63, the walker and the playpen no longer function properly and cause the toddler to reset. This happens when the toddler uses one of the following interactions: Play with Abacus (playpen), Play with Mirror (playpen) or Play (Walker) and has already achieved the “maximum” skill level allowed for the object/interaction (Logic: 3, Charisma: 3, Handiness 2, respectively).
This mod will allow your toddlers to use the walker and playpen normally without any fear of resetting, even if they have reached the maximum skill level intended for the interaction.
Note: You MUST have the Head Start Playpen or the Local Motion Toddler Walker (or both) from the Sims 3 Store in order for this mod to work. It will NOT add the objects to your game.
- No Expansion packs required.
- Requires patch 1.63.
- This mod requires either the walker or the playpen, or both, from the Sims 3 Store to be installed in your game. You can use this mod whether you have only one object or both.
- Again, this mod will not add the walker or the playpen to your game. You must have already installed these objects for this mod to have any effect on your game.
- This mod may become obsolete if EA releases a patch that fixes the interactions on the playpen and walker.
The previous workaround for the walker and playpen bug is considered obsolete and will not be supported.
THIS MOD IS NOW CONSIDERED OBSOLETE. Get the actual FIX here:
This mod provides a workaround for the bug affecting the Walker and Playpen premium content objects from the Sims 3 Store. Since patch 1.63, the walker and the playpen no longer function properly and cause the toddler to reset. This happens when the toddler uses one of the following interactions: Play with Abacus (playpen), Play with Mirror (playpen) or Play (Walker) and has already achieved the “maximum” skill level allowed for the object/interaction (Logic: 3, Charisma: 3, Handiness 2, respectively).
This mod removes the skill gain from the following interactions: Play with Abacus (playpen, logic), Play with Mirror (playpen, charisma), Play (walker, handiness). This means your sims will no longer be able to gain any logic, charisma or handiness skill points from these objects. Your sim will still be able to learn to talk and learn to walk on their own, but if you want them to learn logic, charisma, or handiness, you’ll need to use NRaas MasterController or another mod to assign the skill to them.
I did try to fix this problem with a script mod, and I even tried to fix the problem by unhiding the skills for toddlers in the Skill XMLs, but none of it worked. I know that this work around will remove some of the usefulness of the premium content, but at least your toddlers will be able to use their walkers and playpens without resetting.
Anonymous asked: Hi Nona I have several mods in my Sims 3 games and have all expansion packs up to University Life. All my mods are up to date and everything works fine until the game loading screen where the progress bar only either goes halfway or right up to the end and stops and after a few seconds boots me to my desktop. What do you think could be causing this? I am stumped.
Sounds like you need to troubleshoot your game. If I understand correctly, this is happening when the game is loading for the first time, not when you load your save. Try to follow these steps to help you find out what could be the problem:
- Cut & paste your mods folder to the desktop and start the game. Does the game load? If yes, the problem is somewhere in your mods folder.
- If the problem is your mods folder, this is where the hard work comes in. You need to use the 50% method to find out what mod(s) could be causing the problem.
If removing the mods folder didn’t help, try testing with a Clean Sims 3 Folder. Rename your Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 3.old and start the game. If the game starts, then you know there’s something in your Sims 3 folder that is causing the problem.
Another possible solution is download the super patch. This patch is about 1.7 GB, so it’s a little bit of a big download, but the super patch has been to known to repair a lot of issues. You can get the direct link to the super patch at crinrict’s blog: Patch 1.63.
Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.
Anonymous asked: hey i was using crack and i updated the game to 1.63 and it now says "no game disc" found and i need a link for the crack
I do not use cracks as my games are legit, so I have no links for a crack, sorry. You could try NRaas NoCD, but I don’t know if it will work if the game gas been cracked before.
If you’ve got the Stasis Chamber that came with the Quantum Power Pack (pre-order/Limited Edition gift), you might have noticed that your witches suffer from magic fatigue when they go into stasis. This is due to an oversight by the coders (or maybe they realized it would happen, but didn’t think it was a big deal), which causes the magic fatigue motive to be maxed when using the stasis chamber. At max magic fatigue, the witch magic bar is empty.
This mod sets magic fatigue back to -100 when your sim exits the stasis chamber, so your witch’s magic bar will be full when exiting stasis. Note that magic power will remain depleted while the sim is inside the stasis chamber. A proper fix for this can only be done with a scripting mod, and I don’t really feel like making one for this.
i swear to god if i see another person saying ‘if you think obesity is bad, you’re a fat shamer!!’
obesity is a real problem that causes lots of diseases
and just because i don’t like obesity, doesn’t mean i don’t like obese people
it’s like, i hate cancer, but i don’t hate people with cancer or shame people who have cancer
If you think that obesity is the cause of disease, consider watching this video: Peter Attia: Is the obesity crisis hiding a bigger problem?
In most cases, obesity is only associated with a condition or disease. We don’t actually know that obesity caused the condition. In some cases, obesity is actually a symptom of a condition.
Many people are experiencing issues with the Quantum Power Pack. The following information should be helpful in getting the most out of your Limited Edition content.
1. The most common reason that the Quantum Power Pack does not work is the ccmerged. In order for your sim to be able to transform into the power suit, the sim must get a moodlet from Quantum Power Pack. The moodlet triggers the transformation, so without it, the pack will not work. Repair your ccmerged or download a complete one.
2. On the same note, outdated mods that alter Premium Content moodlets will cause this issue, such as my Spell book tweaks mod (this mod has been updated). Update any premium content moodlet mods, or remove them, to ensure that the Quantum Power Pack will work.
3. If the Launcher did not properly install the Quantum Power Pack, you might experience issues. Try re-installing the pack a few times to get it working correctly. Note that the number one issue with the Quantum Power Pack is the ccmerged/outdated moodlet mods, so I recommend trying the first suggestion before re-installing.
4. Finally, if you have de-crapped your Quantum Power Pack, it will not work. Instead, run your untouched sims3pack through s3rc and then install the pack as package files. Make sure you have the correct ccmerged. I recommend installing only the accessories/power suits as package files (i.e. install the decrapped sims3pack and then add only the packages for the accessories and power suits to your game. Don’t add the package for the crysis chamber).
lifestylesimblr asked: Hey, do you know why so many mods not working for patch 1.63? I mean, not only mods.. My tatoos and poses/poseplayer are not working too..
Hiya :) Apologies for the slight delay in response.
Patch 1.63 broke a lot of mods because there were a lot of changes, both to the core and to the GameplayData. However, the Pose Player is not one of the mods that were broken. It works fine in my game. If you have other mods in your game that are broken, you may find that a lot of compatible mods may not work, because the broken mod(s) is screwing up your game. I’m sorry to say that you’re going to have to go through the Mods folder very carefully and find any incompatible mods for 1.63. Using the 50-50 Method should help, but it’s time consuming.
Actually, I often just remove almost all of my mods when a new patch hits, and slowly just add back in what I miss. I know that a lot of people don’t like to play like this, but this way I have fewer problems with finding broken mods. I keep the mods I make in, because I know for certain that they work (or don’t work), and the rest I just add in as I go.
Tired of your sims leaving their clothes all over the house? Is your click finger numb from dragging those 800 clothes piles to the hamper every sim hour (how do they have so many clothes that all look the same)? If so, prepare to rejoice. My new Super Hamper series will automagically collect all of your sims laundry without any effort on your part.
Fixed the broken links and empty zips on this download. Not sure how that happened. Sorry for the inconvenience!,
Anonymous asked: i just wanted to say, you're awesome. :D
OMG! My first Anon fan mail!
Thanks Nonny <3 I luff you